My daughter and I love bananas. We eat them by the kilo in a week, much to the sarcastic comments about being monkeys from the hubby. At times bananas ripen so quickly that we end up left with 3 to 4 in this state. I usually make banana puris with them, but this time I wanted a much healthier option and came up with this Super Healthy Banana Bread.
It was a sure hit and I think the hubby loved it do much he wont be grumbling about buying bananas in kilos.
Super Healthy Banana Walnut Bread
Prep time: 15 mins
Baking time: 35 to 40 mins
Serves: 6 people
Whole Wheat Flour: 250 gms
Jaggery Powder: 200 gms
Oil: 100 ml
Milk: 200 ml
Baking powder: 1/2 tbsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Chopped Walnuts: 1 cup
Ripe Bananas: 3
– Prepare your cake/ loaf tin with baking paper. Preheat oven at 180 C for 10 mins.
– Mash up the banana well in a bowl, add the jaggery powder and mix well with no lumps.
– Add the oil and mix well.
– To the banana mixture add in wheat flour, baking powder & baking soda and milk, mix in a fold and cut method trying not to over beat the mixture.
– Once mixed add in the walnuts.
– Pour into your ready tin and bake at 180 C for 35 to 40 mins or till a skewer poked into the bread comes out clean.
– Cool down dust icing sugar and serve at tea time.